Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Somewhere out there- There's a mentor for me....

Not to turn this Blog into a diary or anything, but I am having a difficult time finding a mentor. Ever since I got back from Boston I've been looking for local figure artists. The problem is, most of them make highly skilled commercial crap. I did find one that the real deal, but am finding it nearly impossible to contact him. The gallery won't give me his contact info for privacy reasons.... I'm about ready to pull out the phone book. Keep your fingers crossed-

1 comment:

anne baumgartner said...

Hi Nate - Anne in Seattle -
I totally relate to your search for that one great mentor. Hannah has me tracking down a woman in the Bay Area - and I have left emails, phone msgs. etc. even wrote a postal card to her studio address - and no reply. Maybe she is out of the country and maybe she is just too busy. We will see.
I am trolling through gallery pages in Seattle and in art schools in the region. I do have a fall-back but I am feeling that this is such a short program - that I want every semester to count. Good luck to you.
Oh - and I like how you are titling your page a "BLOB"
ab