Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Obstacles

So I experienced a little bit of a setback this week when the water attachment on the back of our dishwasher in the kitchen blew off. It created a guiser in our kitchen and took my wife completely by surprise. It took her a while to find the turn-off valve through all the water and flooded the kitchen. Incidentally, my basement studio is directly below, and all the water leaked down and ran along a heating vent to a low point above my desk. 35 gallons of water later, everything was soaked, including my recent paintings and a few books. The last few days I've had things drying in front of big fans and it seems like things are fine. Luckily, my work was on primed panels and was more or less dry when they got soaked. A few of my older paintings on masonite panel absorbed some water and bubbled up on the corners, but oh well. The biggest problem will be reading through all my wrinkled crit. theory 3 papers-

As for my work, I havn't posted in a while because I have about 6 paintings going at the same time now. I've decided to spend a lot more time building the paintings up through layers of glazing rather than working 1 from start to finish. I'll post some in progress pictures shortly. My ideas are the same, but my approach has changed a lot.

1 comment:

Jeffrey said...

Oh man! Sorry to hear about the flood Nate. I am looking forward to seeing your current work. Are we going to meet again soon?