Sunday, January 4, 2009

I'm goin' to Boston....



Well, I'm off this week for MFA residency number 3 of 5. One year from now I'll be preparing to defend my thesis and hang my graduate art show. VERY strange how quickly this first year has gone- This time, I am incredibly excited to go. This last semester was far and away the most difficult in terms of the creative process, and now that I feel a little more confident in my ideas and direction, I am thrilled to get feedback, even if it's a good shredding at the hand of the professors. For me, this whole residency will be about defining my thesis outline and artistic direction. That way, I'll come home with a clear goal in mind. We'll see if that happens- I just want to avoid another prolonged period of experimentation. More updates to come-

No comments: