Friday, February 20, 2009

UPDATES-

February has been a crazy month-

My search for a mentor artist has been a tough one... I was supposed to have the mentor locked down a week or 2 ago, and am happy to say that today it's finally come together. I'll be working with Tim Tozer, a local professor of painting and drawing at Minneapolis College of Art and Design and College of Visual Arts in St. Paul. He also paints and exhibits at the Groveland Gallery in Minneapolis. Here's a few of his images:

-

We met for the first time this morning and had a great conversation. He's excited to work with me and had some great suggestions. I'm excited to get to work.

Speaking of working, I've already been putting in serious time in the cold basement studio. I have started the underpainting on 7 (that's right 7) new paintings. Many of them are small, thus the amount of started work. I've started work on 8" x 8" little fragments of old photographic imagery that will come together to make a large fragmented work. I'm thinking its a good way for me to take more of an artistic stand on the imagery with selectively cropping, as opposed to simply copying an old photo. I'm continuing to still do that as well with a series of larger paintings. I hope to have some images to post soon.


No comments: