Saturday, May 2, 2009

New Images: "The Joke" and grid row 3


Last weekend my wife went out of town for the weekend to attend a bridal shower and took the kids too- It was a real gift. I spent the entire weekend in the basement making the most of the time (in all about 25 hours). I finished a new larger painting I'm calling the joke, and also finished under painting a third row on my grid series (five 8"x8" paintings). I'm floating all kinds of ideas on how to finish off the grid, but at this point I'm leaning towards bringing it in it's incomplete state to the next residency in June and finishing it for the thesis show in January. I'll be starting a 4th row this week. Comments appreciated-


     

2 comments:

anne baumgartner said...

Nate - you are rolling !! I like the paint usage and
the ever-enlarging grid piece. Can't wait to see it in person.

reed easley said...

Nate- Good move with the grid.....my eyes are frantically skimming the surfaces-looking up and down, diagonally- everywhere, for connections that carry from one canvas to the next. The 2 chain link fence paintings in the bottom row make me think it's a puzzle. I LOVE IT. I'm also thriving on the "smoking lounge" piece. Looking forward to seeing them all. reed