Monday, August 17, 2009

New Work/Update

For those who do check this, sorry it's been a while since the last update- I've been working my tail off this summer to finish as much work as possible before resuming my teaching and my time is stretched. Deadlines are looming for finished work in a month or so, and I'm waiting to hear some feedback on the first draft of my thesis which I sent in a week or 2 ago. I spent most of July working on that as if it was a full time job. August has been all about painting which has been much more fun than writing but no less time consuming. For the graduate show in January I'm remaking some of the grid pieces into diptychs and triptychs. I've been working on about 12 paintings at the same time, and these are the only finished ones so far-

These paintings have been about re-developing a palette that looks and feels vintage. I'm pretty pleased with them. I've also been working really hard on the flesh, which is my biggest learning area. These low-res photos don't show much, but I'm pretty pleased and feel I've made progress. These are both small diptychs at 8" x 16". I'm working on some twice that size too. I should have those done soon. We march on........