Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Done and Done.


I'm back from Boston and all is well, and I officially have my MFA- needless to say, it feels great.

My artist talk went very well (I've posted a small low-resolution version I made to practice from here- it's tough to read all the captions but the audio will give you a good idea of the presentation). My Thesis defense also went great, not so much a defense as a very cordial talk about my work. After a long week of conducting critiques with other MFA students, I had a big show opening with my work in Cambridge last Friday night. It was lots of fun, and my extended family made the trip which made it even more fun.

Now I am back to normal life and it all seems pretty surreal. I have lots of ideas for painting and more than a few leads for situations to show, so I will be working hard (though not as hard) in the coming months to advance my artistic career. For the sake of friends and family who keep up with this, I'll continue to post here. I'm also working on creating a personal website and will redesign this blog at some point.

To all those who supported me these last 2 years with your time and your words of encouragement, thanks so much.

3 comments:

Brita said...

Congratulations Nate! I heard your show was wonderful. I just listened to your talk. It was so interesting- refreshing to spend a little time learning and thinking about your work. I hope to see some of your pieces in person some day. Enjoy post-grad life!

love,
Brita

Rob S. said...

I feel very privileged to have witnessed all this firsthand, Nate. Very inspiring. Many, many thanks to you - not only for the inspiration, but also for your valuable input in critiquing my work (and drinking later on).

Can't wait to see what happens next. Whatever it is, I'm positive it will be excellent. Looking forward to it.
-R.

James R hawkinson said...

Great show, Nathan. We are both proud and thankful for your emerging insights into art as commentary on life.

You have a great future and we are watching to see it unfold, every step on the way.

Opa and Oma