Tuesday, July 1, 2008

BOSTON residency 2


Residency 2 is in the books and it was a great time. As expected, It was 10 days of art overload filled with critiques and conversations. I now have at least 12 possible artistic directions, so my main task in the next few weeks is to collect and sort through all of those ideas and choose a course of action. My first paper of the next semester is a semester summary due in a few weeks, so I'll wait till then to post those ideas. I can say with confidence now that I will still be working in the same vein, but I'll be pushing the idea and the stylization quite a bit further to make it more unique to Nate Stromberg style, whatever that may turn out to be... thats a little scary to think about now. In only 6 months I'll be back in Boston again with a whole new set of work. I've still got a long way to go. I didn't have a lot of time to enjoy Boston, but I did get a morning to walk the city. It's a great place and this time it did feel like returning home a little bit. AIB is right by Fenway Park, so I got to experience the crazy Red Sox fans. One of these times I'd like to go to a game... I also missed the Celtics victory parade by a day, oh well.  It's good to be home and I have lots to do.... As usual I'll post my thoughts and pictures of my work here.

      

No comments: