Monday, February 28, 2011

Gallery Shots and art updates


How time flies.... It's been a few months since the last post. Sorry about that!

The gallery show at the Hopkins Center for the Arts went very well. I only sold a few paintings, but the plus side to that is that I have a lot of work to move forward with. I'm in the process right now of figuring out what that next step is and I have a few leads. I'll hopefully have updates on that soon. The real reason it's been quiet on the art front is that I've taken a self-imposed break from making art the last 3 months... The show was the end of almost 4 years of 20-30 hrs per week in the studio (including grad school). A break was long-overdue. To be honest, it has been very hard to step back. I've been used to working so hard for so long that watching a movie or reading a book feels like a waste of time. I always have that nagging feeling that I should be working. After 3 months off, I finally have curbed some of those compulsive habits and managed to get some sleep here and there. I'm ready to start up again soon, and the creative batteries are fully recharged. I'm really excited to see where the next work goes-

Here's a few gallery shots from Hopkins. Much work went into the presentation of the work and the proximity of works to each other in the space.






No comments: