Tuesday, July 12, 2011

New Developments. I'm HUGE in Utah.

It's been months with no posting.... I've found that blogs tend to work that way-
The last few months have been very busy. I led a 16 day art tour of Italy in June, and the prep for that consumed a lot of my time this spring. The trip was wonderful, with many highlights. For me, seeing Caravaggio paintings and Bernini sculptures in secluded churches around Rome was near the top-

As for new art, I've started 5 new paintings this spring, much in the same style of the 2 awkward family snapshots I made at the 11th hour before the big show last December. Those paintings have been tabled for the moment, as I've been taking some much-needed time to experiment with some new ideas. I've been working a lot with collage, treating torn bits of vintage newspaper as brush strokes.
So far, I'm encouraged by the results and it's fun to be doing something really different for a change.

Finally, I spent weeks this spring working long distance to establish a presence at a gallery. I'm proud to say that my work can now be seen at Terzian Galleries in Park City UTAH, so next time you go for a ski vacation be sure to check it out. Their website is here, not updated with my name yet but should be shortly. I will hopefully post some new images soon-


1 comment:

karen said...

thanks Nate for posting. congratulations on your first sale in the gallery! we are confident, more to come...