Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Dishwasher

Today I received some great feedback from my advisor Hannah Barrett on my residency review. I think another challenge will be deciding how far I want to take my idea this semester. I'm beginning to see that there are many directions, and I'm going to try to pace myself and hash my ideas out gradually. 

Here's another new image I finished last night, another study painting- by far the most stereotypical 50s image I've done. I find the image hilarious and insulting at the same time-Luckily my wife also finds it funny.... 

1 comment:

Mark Morelli said...

Nate,

I was thinking of you a few weeks ago when I read a profile on John Currin in the New Yorker (1/28 issue). He's definitely a strange guy and I'm not sure what to think of his paintings, although he's doing figurative work. I also really like your new work. I hope it's going well. That's cool, Hannah Barrett is your advisor, she gave me the best feedback during the residency.

-Mark Morelli