Sunday, February 10, 2008

Finally- new images

Thanks to the 35 below temperature outside I spent much of the weekend working on study paintings. As part of my studio contract for the semester I agreed to make 20-30 images on paper. I've been looking a lot closer at the actual film quality of old photos as well as the images, so these paintings are smaller (14" x 11.5"), on paper, and built with layers of ochre applied with a palette knife underneath to look like poor film. These photos are very low quality but they give an idea....



more to come....

1 comment:

Cynthia Hauk said...

NICE! Looks like you've been busy - that's awesome! I really like the first one - to me it has the strongest feeling of capturing moments from an old-time photo. The other two seem to leave more room for a narrative, which is good also (depends on what you're going for?) I wish I could see these larger though! I'm sure these lil 2x3 inch pictures don't do them justice!

Thanks for sharing! I love checking out your blog! :) I'll be posting pics of work this week. YAY! Hope you and the fam are doing well!!