Monday, November 24, 2008

New Image- "EASTER SUIT"


Here's another new one just finished- I know it's tough to tell from the photo, but I am most pleased with the texture and thickness of the paint here. My mentor has suggested extending my paint with Galkid Gel, which she uses to achieve lucid paint that covers and maintains texture but isn't chunky. This is the first time I've tried it, and it definitely allowed me to paint in a way that's more natural to my style. It does speed up drying time, so it also forced me to mix all the colors in an area and paint them quickly. It's a fun way to work and a step in the right direction I think. It's way to easy for me to over-work things to death.  As for the image, it gave me an opportunity to push the vintage color palette and experiment with some busy-ness in the patterns. I also got some better flesh tones out of it. I'm pretty pleased- it's my favorite painting so far this semester. I have 2 more at about 50% done and another 2 to make by January- 

No comments: