Wednesday, March 12, 2008

2 New images


Here's 2 new images- I keep telling myself that I need to work simple (these are in fact studies and experiments for larger paintings on canvas) and yet I keep making the most ridiculously complicated little pieces possible. I can't even tell you how long I worked on the bike piece. I definitely want to make a larger painting based on bikes, so it was good to do anyway. The reference was a few old Murray bike ads, which claimed that "the futuristic look and gentle ride will make you feel like you're flying in outer space".



The second image is derived from the many yearbooks I have. They're full of gridded picture pages and quotes, so I made this one as a little bit of departure to see how it works. I'm not sure if I'll push this idea or not.... I'm still toying with it.

No comments: